We are happy to announce we are planning on having our Junior Golf Program this summer. COVID precautions will include mandatory mask wearing during lessons, social distancing on the lesson tee and golf course, hand sanitizer available and no handshakes, high fives or fist bumps. Cost of the program is $70 for the seven lesson program.
Parents: Please remember - Junior golfers green fee rates are discounted 50% off adult rates. Please bring your juniors out to play.
Did you know a family after 4:00 membership is only $400. You and spouse and kids all can play after 4pm any day.
How our Junior Program works
The program is held on Thursday mornings in July and Aug. The junior program consist of a series of seven half hour lessons and up to 9 holes of golf on a shortened regulation course after each lesson. All skill levels will be taken through a learning progression, beginning with putting then move through chipping, pitching and then the full swing. Proper golf course etiquette, course care and rules of the game are taught as part of the seven week program. Groups will be separated by skill level. Beginners start by playing a 3 hole chipping and putting course and will progress to a 4 hole short course and finally up to a 9 hole regulation course. Juniors advance through the levels by scoring at or better than a target score. The program is directed and taught by PGA professional Jack Widger along with other guest instructors.
Walking Parents: Your help is needed:
We will need help from parents to volunteer as walking parents. It is a simple job that only requires some familiarity with the game of golf. The rules and responsibilities of the walking parents are listed below.
Please phone the golf shop and let us know the dates you will be available to help. Most of the time we will try to place you with your child or grandchild, however if we are short handed we may need to assign you to another group. Phone 945-5553 ext 1 and inform anyone on the golf shop staff when you will be available and we will then assign you a group to walk with. Thank you for your assistance, the program would not be successful without parents who volunteer their time.
Also, many parents have come to realize that listening in on Junior Golf Fridays actually helps their own golf game. We highly encourage parents to listen in.
Special Rules for 3 and 4 Hole Walking Parents:
- Count all swings including whiffs.
- After 2 whiffs, carry ball 10 steps forward and play again. (The purpose of this rule is to speed up play)
- After 12 strokes, pick up the ball, proceed to green and putt out. Count each putt
and add to the 12 for a total for that hole.
- Count all penalty stokes for water hazards and out of bounds and lost ball.
- 1 Stroke for ball in the water
- 1 Stroke and distance (must replay from original position) for Out of bounds.
- 1 Stoke and distance for lost ball (must replay form original position)
- E. All 3 and 4 hole groups will tee off at noted yardage marker on the special scorecard.
Rules for ALL Walking Parents:
- Keep Juniors moving.
- Watch for Juniors who are not raking bunkers, replacing divots or repairing ball marks.
- Help Juniors with proper rules of golf and etiquette.
- Correct Juniors unnecessary clowning around.
- Alert Juniors to come in off the course if your see lightning or a storm approaching.
- Carry extra scorecards, pencils and tees.
- Keep a rule book handy. Juniors should have one in their bag.